Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Cannot Load Model message while trying to open a Power BI Report created using Power Apps

Hi,

Since Weekend (1st Aug), we have noticed that the Power BI Report that shows App created from Power Apps is not opening and displays the message

'Cannot Load Model'

Couldn't Load the model schema associated with this report .... etc

This opens fine on Power BI Desktop, so the problem seems to be with Power BI Service. 

If anyone has a solution please post.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

We have contacted MS team and they seems to have identified a bug and setup fix, this helped to resolve the problem.

Thank you

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

have you downloaded and installed the latest version of Power BI Desktop?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

Yes i did that.

Prior to that, the file wasn't opening on Desktop sw as well.

Hi @Anonymous ,

What data source and connection type (import, direct query or live connection) do you connect? Do you remove Power Apps visual to have a try? Do you encounter the issue again?

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Xue Ding,

Thank you for the reply.

This report has only 2 visuals one from Power Apps and another from PBI, both (using Direct query) pointing to Entity in CDS.

Have tried removing the Power Apps visual and published to PBI service, but it didn't work.

Another thing i have noticed is, previously the Authentication method to connect to CDS entity was using 'oauth2' now it is not available in the list and only 'Microsoft Account' iand Basic are available. 

I wonder, if this could be the reason ? if yes, probably a suggestion on what we need to do may help.

thank you. !

Anonymous
Not applicable

We have contacted MS team and they seems to have identified a bug and setup fix, this helped to resolve the problem.

Thank you

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

Anonymous
Not applicable

@amitchandak Are you suggesting to me post this issue into the other Forum/Board ? thanks. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors