Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Cornwalls
Helper I
Helper I

Cannot Embed Report in Microsoft Teams | save option greyed out

Hi All,

When trying to embed a report into a Teams group the save option is greyed out:

Cornwalls_0-1661909875219.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-rongtiep-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Cornwalls ,

This issue has been reported internally(ICM 332314119). Will sync here once there is any update.

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Polly

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

30 REPLIES 30
TanTianAn

It's working for me now when previously encountered same issue unable to save. Adding Power BI reports from any workspace to Microsoft Teams as a tab. Able to click Save. 

AnotherITGuy
Regular Visitor

Hi Polly, 

Can you please provide an update on ICM 332314119?

Thanks

cconstantino

i have the same issue, i am a new user in this app so i am not familiar with the workaround

Boal
Regular Visitor

Same issue in our envorinment. Anyone have insight in ticket ICM 332314119 if this will be resolved soon?

Quite impactfull for a lot of big organization dependent on MS teams platform to distribute business critical data. Should be a high prio ticket imo.

v-rongtiep-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Cornwalls ,

This issue has been reported internally(ICM 332314119). Will sync here once there is any update.

Best Regards

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Polly are there any updates on this issue yet?

Thanks

@AnotherITGuy  I've got a ticket in with Microsoft about this and they are monitoring ICM 332314119. Microsoft got back to me this morning to say they are still working on it, so not resolved as yet.

Hi

If you copy the link to the report or app you want to embed then add a web page tab in the Team and paste the report / app link, it works fine

Regards

condolar
Helper I
Helper I

Same issue here as well!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Same issue here. 😫

I've been unable to try in Firefox, but have the same problem in the Teams app, Chrome, and Edge.

@v-rongtiep-msft Can you share a link to the bug itself, so we can monitor progress directly please?  This will be affecting a wide volume of MS customers.

v-rongtiep-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Cornwalls ,

This is an known issue.Engineers are working on the fix, we will  update once available. 

Workaround:
Open Teams on Firefox browser and then create new tabs.

Best Regards

I have unmarked this as the solution as it seems Firefox is also now not letting me save the report. It did work yesterday however today its not working. Screenshot below showing the firefox browser:

Cornwalls_0-1662678188578.png

Hi Polly,

Are you able to provide a status page where we can monitor for incoming fixes of this issue?

We are starting to see this in our environment as well.

Thanks!

joseesquivel

Same issue from my side.

This seems to be an issue for me as well. It has only started today. Is there any resolution?

mtanner161

I am having the same issues - trying to add tabs and the save button is greyed out... any solutions?

Solved for now... it worked for me if I opened Teams via Firefox.  Not a final solution but worked for now!

Anonymous
Not applicable

It looks like a MS Teams bug. I am also having the same issue since the last week. 
Did anybody find a workaround for this issue ? 

MartinSmith
Regular Visitor

I'm seeing (as is one of my colleagues) the same issue (was OK a week or so ago) except, it isn't intermittent, always seems to be greyed out (I've tried the scenarios above) - has anyone found a definitve solution/reason?

edhans
Super User
Super User

You blurred everything out. Did you select a specific report? You cannot embed an entire Power BI App or Workspace. 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Did my answers help arrive at a solution? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!

DAX is for Analysis. Power Query is for Data Modeling

Proud to be a Super User!

MCSA: BI Reporting

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors