Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

ryan_b_123
Frequent Visitor

Cannot Edit Dataflow (from table)

I have a dataflow which is just a very small table.  The data is not coming from SQL, it is just the data you manually type into a table.

When I want to add more data to the table (edit), all I see is the "wheel spinning".  Maybe once a day, I am able to edit the table.

Capture.JPG

2 REPLIES 2
collinq
Super User
Super User

Hi @ryan_b_123 ,

That seems like an odd experience.  Particularly if you have a small, entered table AND you can edit it sometimes then not other times.

I would do the old standby of logging out of everything and then clearing the cache in the browser.  And, then, make sure that you are signed into the browser with the correct userid.

After trying that, can you confirm that this dataflow was build within the last couple of years?  I have heard in the past that if a dataflow was built in the "old look" and then you are now in the "new look" that it doesn't always work unless you are in the "old look".  BUT, that was a while back.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Private message me for consulting or training needs.

Thanks Collin.  It is indeed a new table (maybe a month old).  I tried the old log-out/log-in, cleared cache, and still having issues.  It did resolve for a couple hours today, so I was able to get in the updates I needed.

It is very strange.  I submitted a ticket to Microsoft, so we will see if they can figure it out.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors