Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

TimNYC
Helper I
Helper I

Cannot Delete Usage Metrics Report

When my report users view their list of reports in "Shared with Me" they see all of the reports associated with a workspace inwhich they are permissioned as a "Viewer". But they also see one more report: "Usage Metrics Report". This is not a report I created intentionally, I think I created it by clicking on the "Usage Metrics" action button. The problem is, anyone who has View rights in the workspace can access this report, and I cannot figure out how to delete it. I tried turining off "Usage Metrics for Content Creators" and "Per-User Data in Usage Metrics for Content Creators", including the "Delete all Exising Usage Metrics Content" checkbox, but the report is still avilable to everyone. How can I delete the "Usage Metrics Report"? It's not listed when I view all reports in the workspace, even though the "Shared With Me" page clearly indicates that it belongs to the same workspace.

Thank you

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Same problem with me. I keep receiving emails every day "Refresh failed: Usage Metrics Report has failed to refresh". Can someone help?

KFP
Helper I
Helper I

Any update on this? I can't find the dataset the report is based on. So, I can neither refresh nor delete it. 

JeroenR
Helper V
Helper V

Hi @TimNYC , 
Did you found a solution for this? I have the exact same problem.

I don't know if I found the solution or just got lucky. In the admin portal I navtigated to Tenant Settings --> Usage metrics for content creators, flagged "Delete all existing usage metrics content", and clicked on "Apply". It took a few days for the reports to dissapear, but they did eventually. After deleting the usage metrics reports using that process, accessing them again no longer generates a usage metrics report that is visible in the workspace. I can't explain why deleting the reports would cause them to behave differently when recreated, but it seems to have worked for me.

Tim

Thanks for your reply Tim. I have indeed also tried that function within the Power BI tenant settings but it did not removed it for me yet. I will wait a few days in the hope it will be removed by Microsoft.

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

What happens if you go under the datasets and then delete it from there in the App Workspace?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

The reports exist inside a workspace, but I have not published an App. When I navigate to the workspace Datasets, I see two datasets but neither are related to the Metrics report.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors