Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

MightyMicrobe
Helper II
Helper II

Cannot Delete Goals Dataset??

I got sucked in the hype about the new Goals feature and created a test goal. 

Now I cannot delete it -- even though the goal is no longer showing up in the Goals section, the dataset and the goal report are still lingering around in the workspace. 

Moreover, I cannot unpublish them from the App -- every time I change the 'include in app' toggle, it comes back as on. I have hidden it from the app navigation, so it does not affect anything, but it's annoying. 

I can unpublish the app and re-create it, but I don't want to set up all the permissions again. 

Thoughts?

3 REPLIES 3
DebbieE
Community Champion
Community Champion

me too. I just created a test goal and then thought. How do I delete it?

But I think I figured it out. Click back on Goals again to get to the top goals dashboard. then click on the three dots to get to the delete

v-henryk-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @MightyMicrobe ,

I can't reproduce your question for the time being, can you provide more information about Goals Dataset and operation screenshots? I will answer for you as soon as possible.

Looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Henry

Thanks for your reply. I am not sure what screenshots I can provide? The "test goals" dataset is sitting in the workspace with the "include in the app" toggle permanently on. When I try to switch it off and re-publish the app, the toggle comes back on. The goals dataset is impossible to delete. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors