Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Cannot Create Workspaces 500 Error

We've been creating workspaces fine for a long time, but just last week we started running into this issue. Normalling it is because we have too many deleted groups, but this time deleting those groups did not help. We have tried both on the Power BI service and the Power BI API for creating workspaces, both fail. We cannot make any workspaces because of this!

Error from Power BI Service:

The server encountered an error processing the request. See server logs for more details

Something went wrong
Couldn't create the app workspace.
Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.
Activity ID: d0454061-d81e-4d07-9793-90adfe2d6e69
Request ID: 0a33ba0b-4155-16d7-849b-94ffa04b0a96
Correlation ID: 6ea27074-5adf-6c5b-1c22-462c200e0e99
Status code: 500
Time: Tue Nov 20 2018 09:09:36 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time)
Version: 13.0.7382.168
Cluster URI: https://wabi-us-west2-redirect.analysis.windows.net

Error from using Power BI API [api.powerbi.com/v1.0/myorg/groups]:

{"error":{"code":"ADGraphGroupOperationFailed","pbi.error":{"code":"ADGraphGroupOperationFailed","parameters":{},"details":[]}}}

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

After use your request id to check detailed information, I found following error message listed in trace log:

Add Unified group: PowerBIServiceException received by ASGateway PowerBI endpoint. Error code: ADGraphGroupOperationFailed

'RunWithRetries' failed to run, attempt 1 of 60. error: Microsoft.Data.OData.ODataErrorException: The directory object quota limit for the Principal has been exceeded. Please ask your administrator to increase the quota limit or delete objects to reduce the used quota.

Please contact to azure admin for this limit.

In addition, you can also take a look at following link about this:

Azure AD service limits and restrictions

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

After use your request id to check detailed information, I found following error message listed in trace log:

Add Unified group: PowerBIServiceException received by ASGateway PowerBI endpoint. Error code: ADGraphGroupOperationFailed

'RunWithRetries' failed to run, attempt 1 of 60. error: Microsoft.Data.OData.ODataErrorException: The directory object quota limit for the Principal has been exceeded. Please ask your administrator to increase the quota limit or delete objects to reduce the used quota.

Please contact to azure admin for this limit.

In addition, you can also take a look at following link about this:

Azure AD service limits and restrictions

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the information. I will test if increasing the quota will work. Whats the best way to check how many objects the account has created? I used 

Get-AzureADUserCreatedObject -ObjectId <account_id> -All $true

But that only returned 126. 

HI @Anonymous,

I think there are some objects existed in other directory which include in size limit.(non-admin user has 500 limit)

In my opinion, I'd like to suggest you to contact to admin for permission to increase size limit.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the insight! How would they increase the size limit for a specific account? Is there an artcle with steps or powershell commands?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors