Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jjtom911
Helper I
Helper I

CancellationTokenSource error with Power BI data gateway

Hi team,

Today I have an issue with Power BI Enterprise gateway.

I install and config the Power BI enterprise data gateway and setup relevant data sources in Power BI service. It works for all the refresh except for this one and here is the error message from Power BI Service:

Data source error:The CancellationTokenSource has been disposed.. The exception was raised by the IDataReader interface. Table: ScanData.
Cluster URI:WABI-AUSTRALIA-SOUTHEAST-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID:f7b414a6-5c26-4049-9628-897bec35a835
Request ID:b7a2c9c1-5855-4d89-9f8d-201d0de9b28b
Time:2018-06-01 15:50:54Z

So I go to the server which the gateway installed and found the following error message in the gateway log:

DM.EnterpriseGateway Information: 0 : 2018-06-06T21:14:09.8278340Z

DM.EnterpriseGateway   00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000           00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000        0000      00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000           2A4F4FE6 [DM.GatewayCore] ServiceEndpoint Connection status: Connecting, LastError:

'System.ServiceModel.CommunicationException: The service was unable to process the request; please retry the operation. For more information on exception types and proper exception handling, please refer to http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=761101 ---> Microsoft.ServiceBus.Messaging.Amqp.AmqpException: The service was unable to process the request; please retry the operation. For more information on exception types and proper exception handling, please refer to http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=761101

I did a lot of research and try to understand the issue while there is not much information about it.

Another thing to mentioned about is that the data source with error is a SQL server database. However, there are other databases hosted on the same server and those data sources can be refreshed propertly.

Kind regards,

Tom Sun

4 REPLIES 4
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @jjtom911,

I'd like more details information to help us clarify your scenario.

For example:

Datasource type, connection mode.
Gateway type: personal, on-premise, is proxy enabled? version?

Refresh information. (Did this dataset refreshed successfully in the past? If this is a case, when this error occurs?)

BTW, Did refresh operation works on power bi desktop? Which version you use, have you test with last version of gateway? Any update on gateway or policy settings?  I'd like more detail content to clear your situation.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hi XiaoXin,

Do you have any update on this issue?

Kind regards,

Tom Sun

HI @jjtom911,

I'd like to suggest you update gateway to last version, the issue may related to new features which old version not support.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hi Xiaoxin,

Thanks for the reply.

The datasouce is a SQL server database and the connection mode is import.

The gateway is an enterprise on-premise data gateway. For proxy information, I am not able to provide that to you as I am not farmiliar with that part of information.

The data refresh works fine during the first few days after the installation and it stoped working properly about a week ago.

I can manually refresh the data in PBI desktop and re-publish it to the service, that is how it works at the moment.

I am using the newest version of Power BI desktop. However, the data gateway reported newer version available and I have not installed that yet.

As I mentioned before, there are other data sources pointed to the same database and they worked for the scheduled refresh.

Kind regards,

Tom Sun

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors