Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

gvsykes
Regular Visitor

Can you link data within a tile to a different dashboard?

I have multiple projects data within the "Summary" dashboard in the form of columns, gannt charts etc. Is there a way I can clink on a column of project data to link to a different dashboard specifically for that project?

Some direction to a guide would be just as helpful as I don't really know where to look.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @gvsykes,

Hyperlinks only work in tables and matrixes, you would need to add a column with dashboard URL as other post, then add this column in your table or Matrix visual in Power BI Desktop, for more details, please review this article.

Another option is to directly add a textbox in your report page in Power BI Service, add URL of other dashboard as hyperlink in the textbox, then pin live page to your current dashboard, for more details, please check the following screenshots and this article: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-service-add-a-hyperlink-to-a-text-box/ .

1.PNG2.PNG3.PNG

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @gvsykes,

Hyperlinks only work in tables and matrixes, you would need to add a column with dashboard URL as other post, then add this column in your table or Matrix visual in Power BI Desktop, for more details, please review this article.

Another option is to directly add a textbox in your report page in Power BI Service, add URL of other dashboard as hyperlink in the textbox, then pin live page to your current dashboard, for more details, please check the following screenshots and this article: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-service-add-a-hyperlink-to-a-text-box/ .

1.PNG2.PNG3.PNG

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Not that I am aware of unless you had a column with a format specification of URL, but then you have a big long ugly URL in your visual so that is generally not optimal. 

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors