cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PYHunter
Frequent Visitor

Can you call an Oracle Stored from a Published Paginated Report

Hello, I have tried to call an oracle stored procedure returning a sys_refcursor and I am getting the below error.  Now if I take the same query and use the same parameters it works fine.  I know this is an option, but we are converting around 200 reports from OBIEE to Power BI Paginated Reports.  I looked online and they are saying it is not possible to call an oracle stored procedure from a published paginated report.  I need to know if this is true or is there a work around.

Unable to render paginated report

Data for this report could not be loaded due to an on-premises gateway error. A query in this report may be returning a field which is not supported by the on-premises gateway. Please remove any fields containing user-defined types or unsupported gateway types and try again.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PYHunter
Frequent Visitor

I found out what I was doing wrong.  In OBIEE it requires using a OUT parameter for the cursor.  This works in local development.  However once published it doesn't work.  The workaround is to use dbms_sql.return_result(cursorname).  This works on the on-premise gateway, but it really doesn't work locally.  Go Figure.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
PYHunter
Frequent Visitor

I found out what I was doing wrong.  In OBIEE it requires using a OUT parameter for the cursor.  This works in local development.  However once published it doesn't work.  The workaround is to use dbms_sql.return_result(cursorname).  This works on the on-premise gateway, but it really doesn't work locally.  Go Figure.

Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @PYHunter ,

What are you using? Power BI Service or Power BI Report Server?

Best Regards,

Icey

PYHunter
Frequent Visitor

Power BI Reporting servers are on-premise servers and we only used the cloud based solution.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Carousel_PBI_Wave1

2023 Release Wave 1 Plans

Power BI release plans for 2023 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April 2023 through September 2023.

Power BI Summit Carousel 2

Global Power BI Training

Make sure you register today for the Power BI Summit 2023. Don't miss all of the great sessions and speakers!

BizApps LATAM 2023

Business Application LATAM Summit 2023

Join the biggest FREE Business Applications Event in LATAM this February.

Power Platform Bootcamp

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

In this bootcamp we will deep-dive into Microsoft’s Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors