Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can we remove the embedded link which is present in PPT ?

Can we remove the embedded link which is present in PPT ?

What I am trying to tell when we download the report it automatically downloads an embedded link.

Is there an option to remove this before we download the PPT as report fro

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Either go into PowerBI and disable the url point. Watch the Youtube video...How to Remove Links from Power BI Dashboard Service (pragmaticworks.com)

Or when taking slide content from an auto-generated PowerBI deck and moving to another ppt deck, note that if you don't snip a pic of the slide, it may carry-over unwanted embedded url linkage that cannot be removed. This is distracting when presenting slides, AND if forwarding the slides in "presentation mode" with clicking the slide, it will hot link you away from the slide, and into the PowerBI site. This can present multiple issues (access, delay in connection and presenter confusion...). A work-around is just to snip the PowerBI image and cut-n-paste to the desired slide deck. ;o)

kaioli0101
Regular Visitor

Any update about this issue? I have the same problem. I have a 48 slides report exported and I need remove each hyperlink one by one.

I haven't been able to find an update. There's an idea submitted which needs to be up voted: The function which removes the embedded link each slides of the powerpoint (pptx) exported from Powe... 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Does anybody have a solution for this? For clarification, every time you export a report to PowerPoint, every slide has an overlay on it that links to the report. The box that pops up when you hover over a slide shows the full link and is very distracting. Additionally, when trying to present, clicking the slide to advance instead just opens the report in a browser. If anybody has a recommendation for removing these links easily, I'm sure it would save people a lot of time.

I haven't been able to find an update. There's an idea submitted which needs to be up voted: The function which removes the embedded link each slides of the powerpoint (pptx) exported from Powe... 

v-diye-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

I didn't find the embeded link in PPT which i exported except the navigation "View in Power Bi".  can you please share some captures?

Community Support Team _ Dina Ye
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors