Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Can we get support for Matrix/Crosstab based visualizations?

I'm so ready to move dashboards over to PowerBI but I'm limited by the lack of Matrix/Crosstab capabilities. Where do we ask or is there a workaround?

Treb Gatte, Project MVP | @tgatte | Blog 1 | Blog 2 | CIO Blog

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
JenUnderwood
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Basic Matrix/Crosstab should be available in Power BI Designer today and in Excel Power View today. Additional Matrix/Crosstab visualizations are planned.

For Power BI feature requests, please add your idea and vote at User Voice https://support.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi. You can also track User Voice idea status to see what teams are actively building and also get notification of your idea status changes.

Thanks

Jen Underwood
Principal Program Manager, BI

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
JenUnderwood
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Basic Matrix/Crosstab should be available in Power BI Designer today and in Excel Power View today. Additional Matrix/Crosstab visualizations are planned.

For Power BI feature requests, please add your idea and vote at User Voice https://support.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi. You can also track User Voice idea status to see what teams are actively building and also get notification of your idea status changes.

Thanks

Jen Underwood
Principal Program Manager, BI

Jen,

I don't see a way to do aggregations for both X and Y axes, a la SSRS matrix or Excel Pivot Table. I'll look again but if you have more specific guidance, I'd love to see it.

Treb Gatte, Project MVP | @tgatte | Blog 1 | Blog 2 | CIO Blog

Hi Treb - we don't have Matrix working in the new Power BI quite yet, but this is coming really soon! Thanks for your patience.

andre
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

It appears that the matrix controls created in Excel Power View work fine in PowerBI.com, we just can’t create new and/or edit existing ones.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors