Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Poweradminjohn
Regular Visitor

Can we get list of Power BI Service created reports and Power BI desktop created reports separately

Hi all,

I need to get a list of reports which are created in Power BI Service and Power BI Desktop Separately.

Is there any way i can do it?

Thanks,

John

2 REPLIES 2
v-deddai1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Poweradminjohn ,

Just use the rest api provided by ibarrau, and copy the group id in it and click run. If the item 'isFromPbi' is true, it is created from Power BI desktop:

Capture3.PNG

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Hi. You can check the Power Bi Service Reports in different ways. 

- Manually: get in each workspace and check it.

- API Rest: use the method get groups and then get reports for each group.

- Use Powershell cmdlets for power bi: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powershell/power-bi/overview?view=powerbi-ps

That way you can get the Power Bi Services reports. About Power Bi Desktop I don't know what you mean. It's a file like a word. You can know where the originals are.

Hope this helps!

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors