Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

kumar4277
Regular Visitor

Can we connect SAP BW Datasources,DSO's and Infocubes and build Power BI

Hi Team,

Can someone tell me how to connect the Data providers in SAP BW and make a report in Power BI. I dont want to use the Bex Queries or Multiproviders to join and build Power BI report. I want to join two Data sources or two Infocubes or two DSO's and build Power BI Report.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @kumar4277 ,

I find a blog that Power BI doesn't support DSO currently. It is Dutch.

Wanneer uiteindelijk de connector werkt kan de data in SAP BW worden benaderd. Microsoft heeft er voor gekozen om alleen de InfoCubes en de queries op deze InfoCubes weer te geven. Nu SAP in haar nieuwe modelleringsstrategie ervoor kiest om onder andere de InfoCubes te vervangen door Advanced DSO’s (aDSO) zijn queries op een aDSO helaas niet zichtbaar. Door gebruik te maken van een composite provider kan alsnog de data uit een kubus zichtbaar worden in Power BI.

Here is the link: https://www.interdobs.nl/blog/sap-bw-data-in-power-bi-kan-dat/

You could come up a new idea about that here to improve Power BI and make this feature coming sooner.

Community Support Team _ Eads
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
rajendraongole1
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Hi @kumar4277 

Can you please follow the below link about sap connector to extract data 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-sap-bw-connector

Hope the above link helpful.

Regards

Rajendra

Hi Rajendra,

Thanks for your response. But in the Document provided by you. It is not said that we can connect the DSO's to do a Power BI report.

As it clearly mentioned we can do reporting on Infocubes and Queries. But i am looking reporting on a DSO which is again an Infoprovider in SAP BW. Can you please let me know if its possible or not in  any Version of Power BI.

Regards,

Raj

Hi @kumar4277 ,

I find a blog that Power BI doesn't support DSO currently. It is Dutch.

Wanneer uiteindelijk de connector werkt kan de data in SAP BW worden benaderd. Microsoft heeft er voor gekozen om alleen de InfoCubes en de queries op deze InfoCubes weer te geven. Nu SAP in haar nieuwe modelleringsstrategie ervoor kiest om onder andere de InfoCubes te vervangen door Advanced DSO’s (aDSO) zijn queries op een aDSO helaas niet zichtbaar. Door gebruik te maken van een composite provider kan alsnog de data uit een kubus zichtbaar worden in Power BI.

Here is the link: https://www.interdobs.nl/blog/sap-bw-data-in-power-bi-kan-dat/

You could come up a new idea about that here to improve Power BI and make this feature coming sooner.

Community Support Team _ Eads
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

Thanks alot for taking time and providing the inputs.I think we can have the DSO's and create Multiproviders on top of it and then use it for Power BI reporting. Anyway hope Power BI will soon come with DSO's usefull for reporting too. Since some Business users like to have the flat data to be reported without any Transformation of the Data.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors