Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

sbarnhill75
Frequent Visitor

Can users create their own Dashboards in the app

Hi,

We have numerous app published to our users.  I know that I can create dashboards and have them show up in the app spaces.  Is there a way for the users to be able to create their own dashboards?  I found some vauge instructions here from MS https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/user/add-powerbi-dashboards, but the NOTE section at the top that tells me where I'm supposed to go to allow this is doesn't really tell me where to actually start.  Go to "Settings" - there are many places where the settings menu is located and every one that I try isn't the one that I am looking for.

Any ideas??

Thanks -

Sara 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-kelly-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @sbarnhill75

You can grant the users the permission of making a copy of the the report in this app,then they can create their dashboards with the copied report.

Annotation 2020-07-10 150031.png

Best Regards,
Kelly
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-kelly-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @sbarnhill75

You can grant the users the permission of making a copy of the the report in this app,then they can create their dashboards with the copied report.

Annotation 2020-07-10 150031.png

Best Regards,
Kelly
collinq
Super User
Super User

HI @sbarnhill75 ,

Yes, users can create their own dashboards - if you give them permissions.  But, not in the APP.  The "old" way and most common way is to give them report access and perhaps even dataset access to create their own dashboards from scratch.  OR, you can use the new ability where you give them the dashboard only and then have the "Personalize Visuals" selected.  This lets them create their own dashboards based on your dashboard.

I would appreciate Kudos if my response was helpful. I would also appreciate it if you would Mark this As a Solution if it solved the problem. Thanks!

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Private message me for consulting or training needs.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors