Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

BBIUser
Helper IV
Helper IV

Can the Power BI Service Admins see App Workspace by default created by other users?

Hi,

1) As a Power BI Service Administrator, can I see any new 'App Workspace' created across the organization and created by any users who has permissions to create a Workspace?

2) Do the Workspace Owner/Admin need to assign even an Power BI Service Administrator as an admin of that Workspace?

Is there a way that the Power BI Service Administrator can see all the App Workspace without assigning them as Workspace Admins?

Thanks for the insight!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

Yes you can see this by using the new Power BI PowerShell Management cmdlets: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/announcing-apis-and-powershell-cmdlets-for-power-bi-adminis...

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

Yes you can see this by using the new Power BI PowerShell Management cmdlets: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/announcing-apis-and-powershell-cmdlets-for-power-bi-adminis...

Power BI Blog

PS cmdlets works as expected. Thanks @GilbertQ

Anonymous
Not applicable

@BBIUser

@GilbertQ  so can we only the list of workspaces using cmdlets? and not see them in pbi service( entire workspace content)? and still need to get added by the creator to see the workspace?

Yes that is 100% correct, they are looking to make better changes going forward, but that will take a few months to get there from what I understand

Power BI Blog

Awesome. Thanks for letting me know

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors