Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jazzhanya
Frequent Visitor

Can't view the embedded report in SharePoint

Hi everyone,

I can't view my Power BI report in SharePoint page anymore after I re-published it to Power BI workspaces last Sunday. The SharePoint (embedded) page returns me blank content. It seems only the SharePoint admin can view the report. This report is stored in Power BI workspaces. I'm the workspaces admin and I created the SharePoint embeded link.

It worked well for everyone with the same browser before my last re-publish. Can you please advise on how to solve this issue?

Many thanks,

Jaz

2 REPLIES 2
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jazzhanya,

I made a test on my side using Member and Owner of the SharePoint Group , But I cannot reproduce the issue here. Could you please tell me does the user with the issue have an explicit access to the O365 group and are they a Security Group or User List? Does this user can open the report in Power BI Service and how did you share the report to users? Share directly or add the users as member in the app work space? If possible, please share detail steps for us to reproduce the issue.

1.png2.png

Regards,

Frank

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

Thanks Frank for your reply.

Could you please tell me does the user with the issue have an explicit access to the O365 group and are they a Security Group or User List?

Yes, we have explicit access to the Office 365 group and the SharePoint website is an open source within the user group. 

It seems Power BI Service in SharePoint page is not stable. Sometimes I can see the Power BI content but sometimes not. And I have been using the same browser to view the page.

Does this user can open the report in Power BI Service ?

Yes, the content works well in Power BI Service website. Additionally, if I open this SharePoint page with SharePoint app in my mobile, I can view the Power BI content.  

How did you share the report to users?

I used the "Share Report" button in Power BI Service. But even I'm the Power BI dashboard admin, I can't view the SharePoint Page either. 

If you have any idea, please let me know. I will appreciate it a lot.

Kind regards,

Jaz

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors