Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

vitru

Can't take over my own datasets

Hi,

When i logon to PowerBI in the top right corner it shows me logged on as alias@microsoft.com but when i go to my datasets they are listed as owned by first.last@microsoft.com and it offers me to "Take over" the configuration. When i click "Take over

nothing happens - the dataset stays owned by first.last@microsoft.com and i can't change it.

This started happenning just recently.

20 REPLIES 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Same issue here...

Please help @Anonymous 

tmars2
Frequent Visitor

This workaround worked for me as a temporary solution.

I tried to refresh the page once in the dataset settings page and it allowed me to make the changes that I needed. As soon as I navigate to any other dataset I lose again the ability to change the settings.

I hope this helps.

tmars2
Frequent Visitor

Same problem for me and the rest of my organization

jsh121988
Employee
Employee

Same issue here.

I just published a brand new report and dataset, and it immediately used Easy ID.

I am also facing this issue

antona
Employee
Employee

+1 

I'm also facing this issue. 

logging showing as alias@microsoft.com, But dataset showing First.lastname@microsoft.com.   Unable to take over the dataset refresh.  

Kindly take look at priority! 

reshytnik
Regular Visitor

+1

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think I have the solution.

In my case - what solved the issue is this:

I have uploaded a dataset to My Workspace (instead of the Workspaces I usually work with)

And suddenly I could control the dataset in those other Workspace

Also - try to delete and re-publish a dataset, but I feel that uploading into My Workspace did the trick

Good luck!

Michael

reshytnik
Regular Visitor

+ 1
started happening to me few days ago.
Happy to provide more details to help to debug.

joschnel

Same issue for me. Even uploading a new report won't solve the issue.

I'm also experiencing the same issue.

v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @vitru,

How about the result if you remove this Dataset and re-publish it to service?

I was not able to reproduce this problem on my side. For this issue, you could create a support ticket for further analysis or ask for internal support.

By the way, @vitru @aacrawfi please do mask your personal information including email accounts on forum.

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi

I am seeing this issue as well. You can only repro if you have an email address with a first.last@... UPN. It seems Power BI sees the owner as different (user logged on with short name, and UPN is listed in the owner for the data set). I did remove and republish several times with different names. Also worked with someone who does not have a first.last@... UPN and he did not have the issue.

Thanks.

Same for me,

Cannot afford to recreate the sets since they are published into an application.

Need resolution since the dataset is currently not being refreshed,'

Same issue for me.

I cannot afford to delete the reports and recreate them since they are published within an application it would be expansive.

aacrawfi

image.png

Same thing is happening to me. Says dataset is owned by "Aaron.Crawfis@microsoft.com", but I'm logged in as aacrawfi@microsoft.com. Clicking take control does nothing.

Hi

did you get anywhere with this?

I am also facing the same issue.

They pushed an update on 1/16 that fixed this. My dataset still uses Easy ID as the displayed owner, but it now recognized that I am the owner. I am now able to manage the dataset settings again.

Create a support ticket if you're still having issues, and reference the previous incident INC17475025.

Thanks. It seems to be resolved today so perhaps IT pushed the update for my organisation too.

Many thanks jsh121988.

Do you mean an update at the Power BI Service level or the Desktop app?

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors