Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mooresj
Regular Visitor

Can't sign in

I am trying to sign up to use Power BI and it says that my email is being used by another Microsoft program and to use that passwork to sign in. I have tried to reset my password and it says the user name does not exist. I am stuck in a loop between username and password. I need my password reset and/or my username reset. Who can help me so I can start to use Power BI for work.

Thanks,

Steve Moore

steve.moore@aruplab.com

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @mooresj,

Please follow the gif guide below. The support site is https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/.

create ATicket

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @mooresj,

Firstly, please mask your private data.

1. I would suggest you contact your administrator to get back the password.

2. Maybe you can try to reset password in the Azure portal.

Best Regards,

Dale

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I just checked with our system administration and there are no problems with the network. I tried the reset password that you suggested and got the same loop. I just signed-up for a Power BI class that starts next week so I need to get this resolved.

Thanks for you help.

Steve

mooresj
Regular Visitor

I have tried to sign in and update my password only to find that my email already exists and that I need to use the existing password. When I try to update, it says that my account does not exist. I am stuck in a loop between username and password reset. Please help me get my account resolved so I can start using the full poer of Power BI.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd recommend putting a ticket into Microsoft's system rather than posting on the community forum.

How does one get a ticket with Microsoft to reset my password?

Hi @mooresj,

Please follow the gif guide below. The support site is https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/.

create ATicket

Best Regards,

Dale

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors