Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

csds
Regular Visitor

Can't sign in with different account - constant loop

Someone has previously used my computer to login to something microsoft related, so when I try to login to power BI, I get stuck in a loop of "We know you!" and the sign in screen.

Steps I took:

1. Went to: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/landing/signin/

2. Clicked "Sign In"

3. Receive this message:

Screen Shot 2017-04-12 at 2.00.30 pm.png

4. Click "Sign In" (as I can't see any other way around it).

5. Come to login screen and click "Back" and then "Use another account"

6. Put in the correct credentials and click "Sign In"

7. It flashes up the "You've signed out of your account" screen and then goes back to number 3.

I have no idea how to get around this, so I've made the assumption that I've uncovered some kind of issue.

Thanks for any help in advance.

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

unfortunately, I am facing the same problem. I cannot login to my organizational account. Always when I log into Power BI Online with my organizational account, I see the datasets and reports for about 2 seconds and then automatically get kicked out. The following error message is then visible.

WalcConny_0-1617801334601.png

Can anyone help me how I can sucessfully log into the organizational account and stay in there?

Similar to @tzuniga, I tried multiple workarounds without success.

I would appreciate any suggestions.

Thank you and best regards,

Conny

v-caliao-msft
Employee
Employee

@csds,

Which broswer are you using? Please try to use Internet Explorer in InPrivate model and check if this issue persists or not.
Capture.PNG

Reference
https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-service-self-service-signup-for-power-bi/

Regards,

Charlie Liao

Hi @v-caliao-msft,

I probably should have mentioned, I'm on a mac. I have tried clearing my cache/cookies without success and while I know that it will work in a different browser (firefox), I would like to be able to stick to Chrome and I believe there should be a way to get around this.

Thanks!

Hi @csds

Try and use Incognito Mode in Google Chrome and see if that works?

incognitoWM

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

The instructions here are fine, but do not apply to PowerBi Desktop. The loop described in this thread is similar in the desktop, however you cannot evey catch the dialog box to sign in as a diffrent Organizational Account or diffrent user.

I've cleared all cached accounts, and cleared by credential cache. However PowerBi continues to log me in as my current user.

Looks like a bug in how the Oauth is being handeled by PowerBi desktop.... Oh and using inprivate does not apply as I'm not in a browser.

Dear Community,

I have been dealing with this issue during the last 2 weeks, sometimes it works, sometimes I go through the following loop:

1. Power BI Login page - Sign in 

2. Browser: "Taking you to your organization sign in page" 

3. Browser ask me for my google/gmail credentials

4. Takes me back to the login page (step 1)

Btw, I have tried signing in through the incognito window, re-starting my computer and clearing the cache.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks 

Tania

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors