Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

nemofei
Employee
Employee

Can't see the data when sharing the template app related workspace to peers

We have a template app with direct query data set.

I installed the template app through direct link and then shared the related workspace to my peers. However, when they opened the report page in the workspace, it again asked them to "connect your data" which I already configured when installing the app. And even they try to "connect", it would get failed.

In this app related workspace,

• Privacy level setting for the data source is set to "Public"
  • "Allow all users to connect to the app's underlying datasets using the Build permission" is checked in app setting
  • Sensitivity tag is "Public"
  • Premium liecense mode
  • Admin role for my peers

How could they see the report data? Any wrong configuration or limitation?

One common senario we're testing here: IT pro installs the template app and configures the credential to connect to their data set, then share the related workspace out to rest of the organization. Rest of the organization could see the report without installing the app or configure any settings. Is this a valid scenario? If not, what is the best practice for template app and how we could make the similar scenrio happen? Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
nemofei
Employee
Employee

It's a bug to share this workspace with direct quey, Power BI team helped us fixed the bug and it's now live in production.

v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @nemofei ,

Have you check the requirements for building a template app below:

• Permissions to share a template app publicly (for more information, see Power BI admin portal, Template app settings.
  • You need permissions from your Power BI admin to promote template apps.

Enable this feature in tenant settings of the admin portal. If you don't have permission, you could ask your Power BI admin to do it.

vcaitlynmstf_0-1633339627138.png

For more you can see:Install, share, and update template apps in your organization 

Hope it helps,

Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

thanks for your reply, it's not related to set the permission. It's a bug in production and has been fixed.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors