Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

rwiteszczak
Regular Visitor

Can't see my active on-premise connections in the 'Get Data' flow

I feel like I'm missing something obvious but...

I have an active on premise connection to both a SQL server and an an analysis services server, I can view these as active in the 'Manage Gateways'  - they are all ticked green and connection successful.

When I create reports on both the cubes and the direct query tables (no imports) from the desktop app and deploy it online these again work fine and refresh.

However following the flow:  Get Data --> [Import or Connect to Data] Databases --> SQL Server Analysis Services --> Connect

I get 'No resources found.' in the servers list.

I also have no idea where I access the on premise SQL server connection from within the web ui as everything visible is Azure.

Thanks!

Ross.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
nikil
Resolver I
Resolver I

The feature is not available yet as per this post

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-gateway-enterprise-manage-ssas/#get-data-e...

Haven’t yet integrated data sources from the enterprise gateway into the Get Data experience for Analysis Services from Power BI web. This will be coming soon.

--nikil

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
nikil
Resolver I
Resolver I

The feature is not available yet as per this post

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-gateway-enterprise-manage-ssas/#get-data-e...

Haven’t yet integrated data sources from the enterprise gateway into the Get Data experience for Analysis Services from Power BI web. This will be coming soon.

--nikil

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors