Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

terrajen
Frequent Visitor

Can't schedule data refresh on Mailchimp report using Mailchimp connector

I created a custom report using the Mailchimp Connector (not the Content Pack) and published it to the Power BI service. When I try to schedule a refresh, I get this on the schedule page:

You don't have any gateway installed or configured for the data sources in this dataset. Please install a new personal gateway or configure the data source for an existing data gateway.

I'm only using 2 data sources for the  report - one is data from our SQL server which is already set up in the data gateway and the other is Mailchimp, which I do not see as set up on the data gateway. I was under the impression that using the connector would automatically configure this.

Can anyone give me instructions on what I need to do to add the Mailchimp data source to the gateway?

Thanks very much in advance.

6 REPLIES 6
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @terrajen,

Since mailchimp connector still in beta, I not recommend you to create report with combine datasource.

If you test with single mailchimp datasource, does gateway work well? Please share more detail contents to help us clarify your situation.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

The report I created is using mailchimp campaign data to determine orders generated from a campaign. I need our customer, orderheader and orderline tables to be able to do this.

I have not tried testing the report with combined datasources because then it would not be very useful but I will test just to see if it works with just mailchimp dataset. If that is the actual isssue, do you have a suggestion on how I may get around this so I can create a mailchimp report using our company's dataset?

Thanks for you time!

Hi @terrajen,

How did you configure datasource of mailchimp? Which type gateway you used? Please share more detail informations to help us clarity your issue.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

The issue is that I can't configure the datasource for Mailchimp when I use the Mailchimp Connector. The connector uses OAuth2 authorization and the gateway configuration does not include that as an otion. datasourcetype.PNG

The comment above mentioned that because mailchimp connector is in beta, I should not combine datasources. I tested a report only using mailchimp connector and did not include my SQL server data sources and the gateway configuration had an automatic configuration for mailchimp and I'm able to schedule a refresh.

However, this is useless to me as the report Im creating is to determine orders generated from mailchimp campaigns, so I need to combine datasources and add our order tables and customer tables in ordder for this report to be valuable. So, I need to use mailchimp connector and also our tables from our SQL server.

Is there a way to grab mailchimp data without using mailchimp connector? Can I access the tables I need using a web source wth an api key authorization?

These are the tables I'm using.mailchimpdata.JPG

HI @terrajen,

Based on my research, I found mailchimp is a online data source which not need to use gateway.(power bi will use connection directly mode to refresh)

2.PNG

If power bi still alert you to use gateway to handling these dataset, it mean you report both contains on-premise datasource and online source.

AFAK, current on-premise gateway can't manage merged datasource, please use personal gateway to handling these combined datasource.

Please share screenshots about data source credential to help use clarify your scenario.

3.PNG

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors