Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

JKrason
Frequent Visitor

Can't refresh a report

Hi guys,

I've got a problem which occurrs when i try to set up scheduled refresh to report published on my organization's powerbi app. The main problem is that even if i try to just make a manual refresh in my workspace, it returns that: 

JKrason_0-1653401506358.png

But the problem is that everything is correct. This report is connected to 3 data sources: 2 different cubes which are just imported (not live connection) and simple excel sheet on sharepoint. It returns that password is invalid for one of the cubes, but i've checked it many times and it's for sure correct. All the credentials, gateaways has been chose properly, so i have no clue what the issue could be.

5 REPLIES 5
Nathaniel_C
Super User
Super User

Hi @JKrason ,

Have to get to work, but will check back later. It sounds as if there may be a difference in the credential used locally, and on the service...betting it is the excel sheet on sharepoint.  Sharepoint can be different in the two connections.  Like I said, try a new pbix that only connects a spreadsheet. Then publish, and see if the gateway works.  Google connecting to sharepoint from the service.  I will see if I can find an article.

Let me know if you have any questions.

If this solves your issues, please mark it as the solution, so that others can find it easily. Kudos 👍are nice too.
Nathaniel

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Hi @JKrason ,
From my notes when I did this for the service.

Power BI open a SharePoint file

If this solves your issues, please mark it as the solution, so that others can find it easily. Kudos 👍are nice too.
Nathaniel

I published a single pbix with just a sharepoint excel connected and it works. The error in main file says it's a problem with one of the cube's. I have another report made out of those 2 cubes and it works fine as well, everything seems to be almost the same, but this file recieve an error while you try to refresh it. 

Nathaniel_C
Super User
Super User

Hi @JKrason ,
Without more data it is hard to tell, but my usual method would be to see if I can download my .pbix to my desktop, and try to refresh from there.  Next I would start three new .pbix, and try to add one data source to each one to see if the problem can be discovered.  How are you determining that what the password is currently?

Nathaniel

Thank you for your answear. Refreshing report from local computer works well and i did it several times. Additionally i already tried to disconnect other data sourceses and publish it just with one data source connected on other file, but it still doesnt work.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors