Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can't login after moving to new tenant

Hi,

last week we've switched accounts from our subsidiary(tenant-A) to our parent companys domain(tenant-B).

Since then, some of my collegues can't login to the Service.

They get the error AADSTS90002: Tenant 'Tenant-id from Tenant-A'  not found. This may happen if there are no active subscriptions for the tenant. Check to make sure you have the correct tenant ID. Check with your subscription administrator.

It looks like the accounts are directed to the old Tenant-A. 

Ofcourse i want to direct them to Tenant-B. The accounts are visible in the administrator portal of Tenant-B and are pro licensed. 

How can i fix this?

Thanks

Tenat error.PNG

2 REPLIES 2

@Anonymous "How" did you go about moving tenants in Power BI? I ask this as there may be migration paths for the overall tenant, but there isn't for Power BI, you would have to have contacted MSFT Support and scheduled a time where they wiped out your old Power BI tenant and created a new one for you. And you would have had to have re-deployed everything from the old tenant into the new one...

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Seth_C_Bauer Thanks for your answer.

I've added the domain of the subsidiary to the tenant of the parent company with the following instructions:

https://docs.microsoft.com/nl-nl/office365/admin/setup/add-domain?view=o365-worldwide

The workspace of the old tenant is not reachable anymore, but that's okay. It was only used for testing.

Somehow some accounts are still linked to the old tenant, others are already linked to the new tenant.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors