Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Pigna
Frequent Visitor

Can't hide the visual headers

With the recent March update, it is now possible to turn off the visual header in reading mode.

However it doesn't work for me (I have tried with a couple reports already).

After I go to "File -> Options and Settings -> Options -> Report Settings" and check the box "Hide the visual header in reading view", I save the file and publish it to my workspace.

When I open the report on the browser (simply by clicking the link that appears once the publishing process is done) I can still see the header icons whenever I hover over any visual.

Am I missing anything?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Pigna,

I can't repro your issue, this function works on my side.

6.PNG

Can you please share us some details contents to help us clarify your scenario?

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Had the same issue, after hiding the header completely I tried to let it reappear for certain elements, such as drill down and up and focus mode. Didn't work today, even after multiple times publishing the report.

Hopefully this bug will be fixed, or Pigna and Scunni's fix of just waiting a certain amount of time will also work for me. Other than that: Power BI Team - keep up the good work!

Pigna
Frequent Visitor

With the recent March update, it is now possible to turn off the visual header in reading mode.

However it doesn't work for me (I have tried with a couple reports already).

After I go to "File -> Options and Settings -> Options -> Report Settings" and check the box "Hide the visual header in reading view", I save the file and publish it to my workspace.

When I open the report on the browser (simply by clicking the link that appears once the publishing process is done) I can still see the header icons whenever I hover over any visual.

Am I missing anything?

Hi @Pigna,

I can't repro your issue, this function works on my side.

6.PNG

Can you please share us some details contents to help us clarify your scenario?

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Is there a way to turn this on and hide only the "Pin to" function and allow the ellipses to show to export the data? My final report contains multiple visuals and cards which is why I want to hide the visual headers to avoid confusion amongst the users, but within these visuals is a data table which I want the users to have acess to export to excel.

Now it works for me too.

I don't know why it didn't a few days ago.

Thanks anyways!

scunni
Frequent Visitor

Not working for me here in UK yet. Just installed the latest updates, set options in report, republished - headers still visible. I guess I'll just wait for a couple of days and see if things settle down around the PowerBi environment around the world.

That is strange, I had no issues with this functionality. Maybe delete the report and data set on the service and re publish once again if you have not done so already.

Funnily enough, just like Pigna, I've come back to my desk after a 2 hour meeting, tried again, and it's now all working. Thanks for the replies.

What I can think of working solutions to this is to publish this to the service and push it as an App within PBI Service.

HI @nirvana_moksh,

Maybe this issue related to power bi service, you can contact to power bi team to confirm this scenario.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors