Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

christym
Regular Visitor

Can't find Content Pack

I created a content pack and shared it with a couple of people (including myself). When I try to add it to a new Group Workspace, it's not available to select. Am I missing a step?

I am using the trial version of Power BI Pro.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@christym Unfortunetely there is no way to copy things from one workspace to another at this time... The difficulty in having all those reports only in your workspace, is no one else can manage them if you aren't available.

If you start the creation of your reports in the Desktop, and publish the PBIX files, you can re-publish to any workspace, but since you didn't do that you also can't export to PBIX either...

Sharing the content pack to others shouldn't be a problem, but I would suggest that if you are the content creator of company wide reports that those be migrated to a shared workspace so others can manage the reports as well...

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

@christym In general Group Workspaces are for content creation, not consumption. As such, you can't specify a group workspace as a recipient of a Content Pack. Typically you would want to create the Content Pack in the Group, then share it with a security group, organization or list of users.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

@Seth_C_Bauer I've already created all of my reports in my own Workspace. Is there another way I can now share all of those with a group?

@christym Did you upload the reports from PBIX files, or just build them in the Service?

@Seth_C_Bauer I created the reports directly in Power BI. I am connecting to files in OneDrive.

@christym Unfortunetely there is no way to copy things from one workspace to another at this time... The difficulty in having all those reports only in your workspace, is no one else can manage them if you aren't available.

If you start the creation of your reports in the Desktop, and publish the PBIX files, you can re-publish to any workspace, but since you didn't do that you also can't export to PBIX either...

Sharing the content pack to others shouldn't be a problem, but I would suggest that if you are the content creator of company wide reports that those be migrated to a shared workspace so others can manage the reports as well...

Hi, I'm also having this problem with a content pack and am not sure of the solution. I created a content pack from within my workspace and set it to be shared with my entire organization. However, within the group I'm in, the content pack doesn't show up in the organization's content library. Any thoughts on why this is happening or what I might be missing or doing wrong?

Thanks! 

Hi,

I'm also having this problem now, i.e. I created a content pack and set it to share with my entire organization. However, when a group that I'm in tries to get it, nothing shows up in the organization's content gallery. Any thoughts on why this is happening or what I'm missing?

Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors