Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Can't display the visual

I'm receiving a "Can't display the visualization" message on a number of report elements in a report that I have just deployed for a customer. The reports render just fine in PBUI Desktop, but are failing in the service. As far as I can tell, this is related to filters. If I set the filter values to empty, everything is fine.

I'd call this a bug - is there anything that I can do to mitigate this?

2015-09-03_10-00-28.jpg 

4 REPLIES 4

This is happening to me, displays fine in for me in my workspace online and via iphone app,  however will not display any tiles for other users in either environment

Turned out to be caused by a problem with Row Level Security.  I have lodged a ticket

bowTieAI

I observe the same problem when connecting to a SQL DB. I have read-only access to the databases I view; but my collegues with Admin-level access do not get this error message. They can, in fact, see a visualization of the identical data at which I've attempted to look. We downloaded and ran the identical Desktop installer. There are three in my group two of us have Windows 8.1 and one administrator has 7. For each administrator with "owner" rights to the database, they can see the visualized data. We plan to elevate my privileges to see if I observe the same behavior as an "owner." So that begs the question:

Is one's ability to visualize data governed by their role?

konstantinos
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

@diverdown1964 If I remember correct when it happened was due to different reasons...First time when I clicked in details there was a message that couldn't read a measure or calculated field..Changed it and worked..The other time it was when I changed the reports from onedrive business and refresh on demand..strangely after waited about an hour ( when auto fetches the data from onedrive) magically fixed..

Hope any of above apply to you but it happened to me sometimes without a specific reproducable pattern..

Konstantinos Ioannou

In this case, when I empty the filter, it works, when I re-add it, it fails. Smells like a bug to me. Experimenting with different creation options now - will keep you posted.....

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors