Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

t-mbastan
Employee
Employee

Can't display the visual. See details ( when loading a large table)

This is a new error, I couldn't find the right solution for my problem.

I have installed Power BI Desktop and I have imported data from SQL Server database using DirectQuery connectivity mode. 

I have a large database and I'm trying to visualize it using Table, When I select two fileds as the Values it shows the table, but when I select the third one it shows this error :

tmbastan_0-1624001880199.pngtmbastan_1-1624001965941.png

and when I click on see details the following error shows up:

Feedback Type:
Frown (Error)

Timestamp:
2021-06-18T07:40:36.8773573Z

Local Time:
2021-06-18T00:40:36.8773573-07:00

Session ID:
e00b660b-f209-4c6a-bf33-7442725e0762

Release:
June 2021

Product Version:
2.94.561.0 (21.06) (x64)

Error Message:
This query cannot be executed due to current resource constraints.
Statement ID: {69851323-0736-4AFF-8231-464B61A423FC} | Query hash: 0xFFCCD2AEDC1CAF43 | Distributed request ID: {E8F3514B-1618-4733-9A66-51E8969C498C}. Total size of data scanned is 0 megabytes, total size of data moved is 0 megabytes, total size of data written is 0 megabytes.. The exception was raised by the IDataReader interface. Please review the error message and provider documentation for further information and corrective action.

Can someone help me in solving this issue?

4 REPLIES 4
v-xulin-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @t-mbastan,

Please do troubleshooting as this blog says.

Hope it helps.

If you still have some question, please don't hesitate to let me known.‌‌

Best Regards,

Link

Is that the answer you're looking for? If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution. Really appreciate!

I have already passed these steps. As I mentioned in my question, the issue is not with the table, or the content, or the primary keys. The issue is the size of the table. I can view ANY COMBINATIONS of two columns, but when I add the third one  this error appears. Is there any restriction on the amount of data we can view? Is it related to the subscription we have? Please foxus on datasize and let me know how I can solve this issue. There is no other issue with anything else in the dataset.

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @t-mbastan 

I would suggest contacting the source of your DirectQuery to see if there is anything wrong there?

Also why can you not import the data?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

As I mentioned in the question, there is no issue with the source of DirectQuery, because I can see two columns of the table, Also, I can see other tables and this table in other forms. The only issue is that when I want to see this table in the form of Table, it gets too huge and it's not visible. What should I do?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors