Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

VoltesDev
Helper IV
Helper IV

Can't delete dataset

Hi all,

I want to delete my report's dataset in Power BI.com Workspace, but getting this error message :

VoltesDev_0-1652242543179.png

As I remembered there is no App related to this report. But anyway how to check ? Is there any menu like "Show dependencies" ?

I have deleted the report though.. but can't its dataset. Usually I delete dataset first and the report will be automatically deleted also.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
v-zhangti
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @VoltesDev 

You can refer cannot delete dataset, this may help you solve your problem.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Charlotte

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

wikkleyn
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Hi @VoltesDev , You say you did delete the Report, make sure it is not in the list of reports in the App. Just to eliminate that. Then have a look at the lineage of your Dataset. There might be a report in another workspace with your dataset as the source and included in the App for that Workspace. 

wikkleyn_0-1652258449001.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors