Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

nash3181
Regular Visitor

Can't connect to own Power BI Service Dataset using PowerBI Desktop

Hi Experts,

Need help. I'm trying to create a new Power BI Desktop report using an existing dataset that i published. I can see all the datasets that are available but after clicking the create button, I'm always getting the below error:

"Feedback Type:
Frown (Error)

Error Message:
We couldn't connect to your model in the Power BI Service. The dataset may have been deleted, renamed, moved, or it is possible that you don't have permission to access it.

Error Message Detail:
Failed to connect to the URL 'https://api.powerbi.com' while attempting to call cluster resolution. "

Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
v-eachen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @nash3181 ,

Please update your Power BI desktop to the latest version and try again.

Is this report in your workspace or a shared workspace? Are there other datasets or report issues you are having within the same workspace?

You could download the pbix file from service and check if it can be opened in Desktop.

Community Support Team _ Eads
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

Hi @v-eachen-msft 

Thanks for the reply. I'll try to update Power BI Desktop and try it again.

I'll reply again on the result. 

tquaresma
Regular Visitor

Hi!

i have the same error when try analize whit excel the dataset in my powerbi workspace...

Any help??

Thanks 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors