Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

RobFarnell

Can't connect to Storage Account for Azure backup report

Hi,

I've reviewed a few older posts such as https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Can-t-connect-storage-account-to-Power-Bi-Az-firewall-setti... regarding resolutions on connecting to the storage account for the Azure backup report, but I'm not able to resolve the issue.  The storage account has no restrictions on the firewall configuration.

This is to a V2 storage account with secure transfer required.  I've tried key1 and key2 without any resolution.  I have followed the guidance on this article, with no resolution https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/backup/backup-azure-configure-reports .

The sample data continues to show on the workspace.  On the refresh, I received the following error:

Failure details: The last refresh attempt failed because of an internal service error. This is usually a transient issue. If you try again later and still see this message, contact support.

Timeout expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation. Table: Job.

Thanks in advance.  

Rob

3 REPLIES 3
v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

hi @RobFarnell 

There is a similar case(ICM: 149831102) that PG team said that:

"I don't think setting Firewall of VirtualNetwork type will work with PBI service, since customer will not be able to add our VNET to it's storage account FW rules

It's either AllowAllAzure resource, or allow by IP ranges which will have PBI public IPs."

Hope it could help you.

Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I was able to retrieve the dataset information once yesterday, but subsequent refreshes are failing.  I think this is a timeout issue on the data retrieval.  Is it possible to extend the timeout?

RobFarnell

I just wanted to add that I can connect to the Azure Blob Storage from Power BI Desktop with the same keys.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors