I'm using the web based Power BI to try to connect to an Amazon RDS instance of PostgreSQL.
I can add the dataset and report for the AWS RDS PostgresSQL into the web based Power BI via the following procedure:
- Install Windows Power BI app
- Following this Power BI community post add AWS public key into Windows' trusted CA store for Local Machine
- Add PostgresSQL dataset into Windows Power BI application and provide credentials
- Create report based on this dataset
- Publish report and dataset to web based Power BI
When I try to use this published dataset for reports, it complains of not having credentials. When I try to add these credentials I receive the following error.
Failed to update data source credentials: An error happened while reading data from the provider: 'The remote certificate is invalid according to the validation procedure.' Activity ID: ---- Request ID: ---- Status code: 400 Time: Wed Dec 01 2021 14:51:24 GMT+1100 (Australian Eastern Daylight Time) Service version: 13.0.17186.43 Client version: 2111.3.08807-train Cluster URI: https://wabi-australia-southeast-redirect.analysis.windows.net/
I've faced and been able to overcome this error with the Windows Power BI client via the updating of the trusted root CA store.
The challenges I face in my situation are:
- I'm not able to add a power BI gateway
- I can't find a way to add to trusted certificate authorities in the web based Power BI client. (Is this even possible?)
Are there any other ways I can overcome this issue so I'm able to add a dataset in the web based Power BI client that targets my AWS RDS PostgreSQL instance so I can create reports that are updated automatically?