cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joelbuxton Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Can't add members to Row level security in the power bi service (in the dataset | security section)

members.jpg

13 REPLIES 13
Super User
Super User

Re: Can't add members to Row level security in the power bi service (in the dataset | security secti

What I did was to do a CTRL + F5 or clear the browser cache and it should work again.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

"Proud to be a Datanaut!"

Power BI Blog
Frequent Visitor

Re: Can't add members to Row level security in the power bi service (in the dataset | security secti

thank you for your reply but unfortunately, your suggestion did not work for me.

Frequent Visitor

I can add members to the general access to a workspace but just not in the dataset 'security' section - weird !

Super User
Super User

image.png

As you can see above it is working for me when selecting a group.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

"Proud to be a Datanaut!"

Power BI Blog
edhans New Contributor
New Contributor

Try opening this page in an incognito browser tab, or different browser, and see if that works. It will either confirm something is awry with your current browser session, or eliminate the browser being the issue.

Frequent Visitor

Yes, I see that - for me, I'm not offered any suggestions when I start typing the members name - this has worked for me many times in the past - the problem seems to have only recently started - perhaps it's an admin config type of issue that has somehow gotten messed up ??

Frequent Visitor

tried incognito (Chrome) and also tried using Microsoft Edge but still have same issue - thank you for your suggestion.

Frequent Visitor

Also tried a whole different PC but still no luck !

Highlighted
edhans New Contributor
New Contributor

I just checked. I am seeing the same thing. It won't validate the address I type in nor autocomplete it. You should open a ticket, but it isn't just you.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Virtual Launch Event

Microsoft Business Applications October Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

Power BI Helps Homeless and Trouble Youth

Power BI Helps Homeless and Trouble Youth

We spoke with Power BI Super User, Greg Deckler, about his charity work

MBAS Gallery

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Users Online
Currently online: 128 members 2,101 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: