Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

joelbuxton
Frequent Visitor

Can't add members to Row level security in the power bi service (in the dataset | security section)

members.jpg

14 REPLIES 14
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

What I did was to do a CTRL + F5 or clear the browser cache and it should work again.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

thank you for your reply but unfortunately, your suggestion did not work for me.

I can add members to the general access to a workspace but just not in the dataset 'security' section - weird !

Try opening this page in an incognito browser tab, or different browser, and see if that works. It will either confirm something is awry with your current browser session, or eliminate the browser being the issue.

Did my answers help arrive at a solution? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!

DAX is for Analysis. Power Query is for Data Modeling

MCSA: BI Reporting

tried incognito (Chrome) and also tried using Microsoft Edge but still have same issue - thank you for your suggestion.

Also tried a whole different PC but still no luck !

I just checked. I am seeing the same thing. It won't validate the address I type in nor autocomplete it. You should open a ticket, but it isn't just you.

Did my answers help arrive at a solution? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!

good to know the problem seems to be more widespread - thank you.

See https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

Some customers may experience issues adding users to RLS roles on the RLS Security tab. As a potential workaround, customers can refresh the page and add the user. Engineers are working on a fix and expect it to be deployed to all regions by end-of-day 3/29/19.

It irritates me that on an enterprise class product like this, they break stuff and go "Well, sorry about that. Hope to resolve in 8 days or so."

yes, very irritating !! [thanks for pointing this out, edhans]

If none of the easy workarounds work for you, I've posted a workaround here:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Row-Level-Security-not-allowing-new-entries/m-p/649814/high...

Anonymous
Not applicable

I met the same issue. It works yesterday. but fails this morning....

image.png

As you can see above it is working for me when selecting a group.

Power BI Blog

Yes, I see that - for me, I'm not offered any suggestions when I start typing the members name - this has worked for me many times in the past - the problem seems to have only recently started - perhaps it's an admin config type of issue that has somehow gotten messed up ??

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors