Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Frank_Bambeck

Can't add a AD Security Groups if i update app in a report

Can't add a AD Security Groups if i update app in a report (permission). the ad groups are exist and in other reports it is possible to add or select a ad group. 

Frank_Bambeck_0-1617861856385.png

4 REPLIES 4
rameezPatel
Frequent Visitor

if you see this when you add a security group then it means the group is not yet synced in azure.

you need to contact your azure admin to sync the AD in azure

renzo_v

the same problem with addition, when i have a user with rights to the workspace and give him access via the app, they will not be shown later in the allocation screens.

Anonymous
Not applicable

At least it is noted in the Power BI Support: Support | Microsoft Power BI

"Power BI customers may experience issues when attempting to grant permissions to an App to more than one security group. As a workaround customers can add multiple security groups to a single security group which can then be used for granting permissions. Engineers have identified the root cause and an ETA for a fix will be provided soon."

Anonymous
Not applicable

Same issue here. Really big issue for our organization and has been working just fine untill this week. Our Azure AD is updated and I can even see the existing roles, but if I remove them I cannot re-add them

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors