cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pborah
Resolver III
Resolver III

Can't access entire organizational datasets using powershell

I installed the PowerBI cmdlets in powershell and connected my account. I'm a workspace admin and I'm able to see/access all datasets in all the workspaces in the online portal. However in Powershell using the following command -

Get-PowerBIDataset -Scope Organization

gives me the following error -

Get-PowerBIDataset : Operation returned an invalid status code 'Unauthorized'
At line:1 char:1
+ Get-PowerBIDataset -Scope Organization
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo          : WriteError: (Microsoft.Power...tPowerBIDataset:GetPowerBIDataset) [Get-PowerBIDataset], HttpOperationException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : Operation returned an invalid status code 'Unauthorized',Microsoft.PowerBI.Commands.Data.GetPowerBIDataset

Any clarity on the issue is highly appreciated. Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
pborah
Resolver III
Resolver III

Answering my own question here. Official documentations say that I need to be an "administrator" to be able to do this but it doesn't say what kind of administrator. Turns out you need to be a PowerBI Admin or an O365 admin to be able to do this,

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
pborah
Resolver III
Resolver III

Answering my own question here. Official documentations say that I need to be an "administrator" to be able to do this but it doesn't say what kind of administrator. Turns out you need to be a PowerBI Admin or an O365 admin to be able to do this,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

charticulator_carousel_with_text (1).png

Charticulator Design Challenge

Put your data visualization and design skills to the test! This exciting challenge is happening now through May 31st!

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

Power BI Release May 2022 768x460.png

Check it out!

Click here to read more about the May 2022 updates!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors