Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

pborah
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Can't access entire organizational datasets using powershell

I installed the PowerBI cmdlets in powershell and connected my account. I'm a workspace admin and I'm able to see/access all datasets in all the workspaces in the online portal. However in Powershell using the following command -

Get-PowerBIDataset -Scope Organization

gives me the following error -

Get-PowerBIDataset : Operation returned an invalid status code 'Unauthorized'
At line:1 char:1
+ Get-PowerBIDataset -Scope Organization
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo          : WriteError: (Microsoft.Power...tPowerBIDataset:GetPowerBIDataset) [Get-PowerBIDataset], HttpOperationException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : Operation returned an invalid status code 'Unauthorized',Microsoft.PowerBI.Commands.Data.GetPowerBIDataset

Any clarity on the issue is highly appreciated. Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
pborah
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Answering my own question here. Official documentations say that I need to be an "administrator" to be able to do this but it doesn't say what kind of administrator. Turns out you need to be a PowerBI Admin or an O365 admin to be able to do this,

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
pborah
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Answering my own question here. Official documentations say that I need to be an "administrator" to be able to do this but it doesn't say what kind of administrator. Turns out you need to be a PowerBI Admin or an O365 admin to be able to do this,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors