Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can't Setup Auto Refresh

I've recently downloaded Python because I needed to work with API's to pull in some data. I've gotten everything working fine at the desktop level but once uploaded to the service I get this message:

1.PNG

So from what I understand, this is not possible. However, it is possible to achieve what I'm doing with an R script as well but I don't want to run into the same issue again. Does anyone know if R scripts would have the same issue as above? 

3 REPLIES 3
TeigeGao
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @Anonymous ,

Please try to use the on-premises data gateway in personal mode (personal gateway). As mentioned in the blog: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/python-visualizations-in-power-bi-service/:

When you publish a Power BI report with Python scripts to the service, these scripts will also be executed when your data is refreshed through the on-premises data gateway in personal mode (personal gateway).

To enable this, you must ensure that the Python runtime with the dependent Python packages are also installed on the machine hosting your personal gateway. Note, Python script execution is not supported for on-premises data gateways shared by multiple users.

Best Regards,

Teige

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @TeigeGao  thank you for your response. Do you know if the same thing would happen if I tried this with R? Do R scripts also get rejected from refreshing on an enterprise gateway?

Hi @Anonymous ,

This problem will happen on R script.

Best Regards,

Teige

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors