cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mike_honey
Advisor

Can't Schedule Refresh with Get Data from Web by example: unknown function name: Web.BrowserContents

I've created a fairly simple query starting from the new "Get Data from Web by example" feature. After Publishing to the web service, I can't set up Scheduled Refresh on the Dataset.  The error message is: 

Query contains unknown function name: Web.BrowserContents

Looking at my Advanced Editor, Power Query has generated a call to that function in the Source step, e.g.

Source = Web.BrowserContents("https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=58494"),

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
soheil New Member

Re: Can't Schedule Refresh with Get Data from Web by example: unknown function name: Web.BrowserCont

Hi @mike_honey ,

It is highly likely that replacing "Web.BrowserContents" with "Web.Contents" solves your problem.

Cheers,

Soheil

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
soheil New Member

Re: Can't Schedule Refresh with Get Data from Web by example: unknown function name: Web.BrowserCont

Hi @mike_honey ,

It is highly likely that replacing "Web.BrowserContents" with "Web.Contents" solves your problem.

Cheers,

Soheil

View solution in original post

mike_honey
Advisor

Yes that works - thanks! 

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks and Rank Icons in 2020

New Ranks and Rank Icons in 2020

Read the announcement for more information!

New Kudos Given Badges Coming

New Kudos Given Badges Coming

We're rolling out new Kudos Given badges. Find out how many Kudos you've given.

Power Platform World Tour

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)