Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Bhartman30
Advocate II
Advocate II

Can't Pin Visualization to Dashboard

Get the error "Sorry, can't pin this visualization yet. Please try again. We're working on this feature. Please send us any other feedback about Power BI."

The visual is a simple card that I have pinned before from the same report. Any one else experiencing issues?

18 REPLIES 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm experiencing the same issue, can't find a fix and don't seem to read any here? Since it's been a while, anyone has a solution?

I just had this issue today. Fortunately, I was able to delete and re-publish

RapidPulse
Regular Visitor

Getting the same error on some, but not all, of our workspaces

Looks like error is produced only for reports that were created in latest desktop versions of Power BI.

Hi @anosul,

What's version of Power BI Desktop do you use?

By my test with this latest version of Power BI Desktop, I cannot reproduce your issue for Pin visuals.

version.PNG

In addition, where Azure Service do you host?

host region.PNG

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Same issue:

Version: 2.60.5169.4101 64-bit (July 2018)

Region is North America

Created 1 matrix, 1 multi card and 1 text entry in a report using the July version and published. All three visualizations return the same error that is the topic of this thread.

Yes, I'm seeing this as well.  Reports created in the July 2018 version of desktop can't pin a visualization, while reports created in an earlier version can pin without issue.

And I upgraded to the August version and that doesn't seem to pin either.

Hello

My version is 2.60.5169.4101

PBI version.png

Host is located in Europe.

Hello,

I've just found workaround for pinning visualization to dashboard.

Required steps 🙂
1. Remove report and related dataset from service.
2. Publish report one more time from desktop version.
3. Pin appropriate visual to dashboard.

P.S. Re-saving or republishing doesn't help, only remove and publish in my case.

SAW
Frequent Visitor

I'm having the same error, but I'm reluctant to remove the report.  I've built multiple dashboards from the report source, and I fear that I'll need to rebuild every dashboard if I remove and republish the report.  Isn't this true?

Unfortunatelly, this is true. When you remove report and related dataset, all tiles created on this report automatically remove.

I suggest, in such case waiting for updates from support team.

PBI.png

I have the same concern regarding the question of loss of dashboards already built.

The above solution from anosul worked for me. Thank you!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Same. Getting very frustrated with the service. This has been happening for at least a few days.

pmalzTB
Regular Visitor

I'm getting this same issue. I tried with many different visuals and I can't pin any of them. I also tried to save a copy of the report and that also did not work. 

Any additional help would be great!

v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Bhartman30,

By my tests, I cannot reproduce your issue in my site.

It maybe a temporary issue. Please try to "Edit Report", then re-save it on Power BI Service to see if the visuals can be pinned to dashboard properly.

You also could re-create the card visual in Power BI Desktop and republish it to check if visual can be pinned to dashboard successfully?

If you still have this issue, could you share a dummy pbix file which can reproduce the issue, so that we can help further investigate on it? You can upload it to OneDrive or Dropbox and post the link here. Do mask sensitive data before uploading.)

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hello,

I have the same issue with pinning visualization on dashboards.

In my case the issue is reproduced only in workspaces functionality.
In personal workspace all visualizations pin to dashboard perfectly.

Pin Live Page functionality works in both cases.

Also, I've tried resave report in workspace but I got one more error:
Something went wrong
Unable to save the report
Please try again later or contact support.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors