Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

shhafiz
Employee
Employee

Can't Pin Visualization to Dashboard but Pinning Works for Entire Page

Whenever I try to Pin a visualization, I see the followeing error message:

Capture.PNG

I understand it's hard to suggest anything without a detailed scenario, but why would this occur in general?

The whole report seems to work but individual visualizations are failing.

11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Fyi, I had the same issue since I installed Power BI desktop (Aug 2018) release. I have re-installed a previous version of the desktop solution and re-uploaded my pbix file (including dataset). Before doing this, I have removed everything on Power BI service.

Now everything works again and I can again pin visuals to the dashboard.

AJBrandwijk
Frequent Visitor

I face the same problem.

No matter what visual, error message occurs.

When I upload an older report to the same workspace, the pinning works fine.

Hi All, 

This is a known issue. Please refer to: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/. Thank you for your patience.Can't Pin Visualization to Dashboard but Pinning Works for Entire Page.jpg

Best Regards!

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Vanvino

Same thing happened to me today... Imported data from Excel into Power BI Desktop and published report from there. Going onto power Bi online and I am unable to pin any visualizations with the orgional report. I can pin the whole report, make a new report from the same dataset and pin those visualizations, or duplicate the report and pin from there. No idea what is causing it for me... I have tried creating new datasets and those have the same issue as well when published from power Bi desktop, where as old reports work just fine.

Starbuck
Regular Visitor

Hi,

I encountered the same error today. Live-pinning the whole report worked, but I wasn't able to pin any of the visualizations. What solved it for me was:

1. Copy the report

2. Pin the visualizations from the copied report to my dashboard

Curiously enough, this worked. No idea why, though. Perhaps somebody can shed some light on that issue.

Best regards

Andreas

Thanks very much for this. I'm on a Power BI course and the whole class had this problem - your solution fixed it for all of us.

Thanks very much.

You're welcome, always glad to help.

Best regards

Starbuck

I have the same issue and tried the provided suggestions, but it didn't work. Still the same error message..

And the weird part is: from one report (a simple published desktop report) I can pin a visual to a dashboard, but from another (the one I need to) it doesn't work. No matter what kind of visual.

Anyone a suggestion?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @shhafiz

Is it a custom visual you are trying to pin? And I don't think you can pin a slicer visual either.

-Shashanka

@Anonymous

No it's not a Custom Visualization, it's a bar graph. Yes, I understand we can't pin slicers. One things to add, the page which contains the bar graph also contains a custom visualization. Not sure if the custom visulization will impact that.

Hi @shhafiz,

Did you change your password of your account? Maybe you can try the following steps.

1. Sign out.

2. Clear the caches and browsing history of the browser.

3. Restart computer.

Best Regards!

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors