Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mjholland
Helper II
Helper II

Can't Enter Shared Dashboards from App Workspaces

Hi,

I've set an an App Workspace so a number of colleagues can colloborate on reports and dashboards. I don't intend, at this stage, to create an App from the Workspace, I only want to use it as a centralised space.

I've then set up a dashboard that I want to share with colleagues. These colleagues are not part of the App Workspace, they'll only be consumers of the reports. Below is a screenshot of the dashboard as I see it in the App Workspace:

App Workspace Correct View.PNG

When I share this report with a colleague who isn't in the App Workspace, this is what they see:

App Workspace Incorrect View.png

The images, linked from Files, don't show. But the user can't click on the tile title to access the report. I've also checked this with someone who does have access to the App Workspace and they see the same.

I've read through the guidelines and it looks like Dashboards being shared from an App Workspace should work in the same way as those not hosted in App Workspaces.

Any ideas what's going on?

5 REPLIES 5

@mjholland The images need to be cloud accessible. You need to put them somewhere like blob storage so they are accessible by the Service/everyone. That would be my first guess.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

@Seth_C_Bauer Would this prevent colleagues from clicking through to the report? Shouldn't they be able to access the report by clicking on the title of the tile?

@mjholland I assume you created a dashboard tile - selected Image as the media type and created a custom link to the report? I recall having this issue in the past, and it must disable the tile completely from what I recall.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

@Seth_C_Bauer that's exactly what I've done. I'll try adding the image to the actual PBIX file and pinning that to the dashboard instead to see if that works.

@mjholland Yeah, I went that route as well. The image will stay if it comes from the report. And you could always delete the image from the report page after you pin/deploy.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors