Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

r_power12
Frequent Visitor

Can't Display the Visual

I have a Power BI Desktop model uploaded to Power BI (app.powerbi.com) using a Pro account, all latest versions as of May 4, 2016. The reports in Power BI worked fine for 1-2 weeks; however recently, none of the visuals are showing up. The only part showing up are the tables of data. To clarify, the visuals work fine in Power BI Desktop, but don't display in app.powerbi.com.

The file contains a mix of standard and custom visuals, the custom being the latest Attribute Slicer v0.10.0. I've tried switching to all standard visuals but still get the same error. Below is an excerpt of the error:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Couldn't load the data for this visual
Couldn't retrieve the data for this visual. Please try again later.
Please try again later or contact support and provide the following details to help resolve your issue faster.
Version 13.0.1100.480

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Even re-uploading the Power BI desktop files that used to work fine in app.powerbi.com produce the same error.

Any ideas what may be causing this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

After diving a bit deeper, I discovered the issue only affected some of my measures which required syntax changes as the example below shows:

From

Measure 1 = CALCULATE(COUNTROWS())

To

Measure 1 = CALCULATE(COUNTROWS(Table1))

It appears the latest update of Power BI (app.powerbi.com) now requires the table name as a parameter of the COUNTROWS() function. 

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
PavanSateesh

I have this problem since last 2 updates.. Does it not support Windows 7? Plz suggest any solutions you use it with Windows 7. My company doesn't upgrade to win 10 so easily
ankitpatira
Community Champion
Community Champion

@r_power12 Are you using import or DirectQuery to get data?

i am getting the same problem, whether i inport directly, from web , excel  or access . i am using free power bi desktop, the data gets loaded , but i cant get any visualisation

Hi, Please share if you found any solution. In my case if populate data even by "Enter Data" it says Can't display the visuals.

Thanks

Same is hapening with me. I can see the data when go through edit query. But when load it and visualize it describes "Can not display the visual".

Recently i reinstall windows 7 and office 2010. Please help me in this scenario.

Regards,

Jamal Qamar

Hi, Please share if you found any solution.

Hello. I am having the same problem.... Even when I just create a small table with data inside PowerBI desktop, it doesnt display the visuals. What to do?...

power BI is not loading visuals , what to do 

Yes resolved, I istalled Windows 10. Now its working well.

I was in a touch with Microsoft team since last 2 months, lastly they recommend to check your operating system. One guy in my organization is using Windows 10 and when i installed PowerBI in his sytem its worked well. Now I am absoloutely fine with windows 10 and there is no need to install framework as we were dong for Wnidows 7.

Microsoft team supported to me a lot.

I have this problem since last 2 updates.. Does it not support Windows 7? Plz suggest any solutions you use it with Windows 7. My company doesn't upgrade to win 10 so easily

ankitpatira I am using import data, sql queries pulling from an on-premise database.

The data loads and displays fine in Power BI Desktop, but the visuals present the error online in app.powerbi.com.

After diving a bit deeper, I discovered the issue only affected some of my measures which required syntax changes as the example below shows:

From

Measure 1 = CALCULATE(COUNTROWS())

To

Measure 1 = CALCULATE(COUNTROWS(Table1))

It appears the latest update of Power BI (app.powerbi.com) now requires the table name as a parameter of the COUNTROWS() function. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors