Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Marios
Frequent Visitor

Can't Display the Visual (DirectQuery)

Hallo, 

I have created a connection to the cubes (with DirectQuery):

1. Gateway Settings shows that is online: You are good to go
  2. Data Source Settings shows Connection successful
  3. The measures and dimensions appears under the filters (as normal)

BUT when I try to create a report (I have try almost all visualizations) with measures or dimensions, the report created but indicates that ''Can't Display the visual. See details”. Also add the top of the page there is a warning “There was a data source access error. Please contact the gateway administrator. 

Any suggestions?

Thanks

11 REPLIES 11
marksaba
Helper II
Helper II

Was this resolved? I am facing the same issue and cannot change the gateway connection.

marksaba_1-1677537780069.png

marksaba_0-1677537748983.png

My report consists of a SharePoint and DirectQuery connection:

marksaba_2-1677537815947.png

I can see all the visualizations just fine in Power BI Desktop but when I publish, I cannot see the Matrix which has fields from SharePoint and the Direct Query. When published, I can see a table with just SharePoint file fields and another with just DirectQuery fields. The issue only persists when they are in a visual together.

Please help

malkalbani
Regular Visitor

I am facing the exact same issue. The direct query display the visual in the desktop version but when published it gives this error (can't diplay visual). All data sources and connection seem to be good. Any idea what might have caused this?

Hi @malkalbani 

What visual is it? can you send a screenshot from Desktop and from the service!

Regards
Amine Jerbi

If I answered your question, please mark this thread as accepted
and you can follow me on
My Website, LinkedIn and Facebook

Hi, 

Solved. I had to modify the data gateway to link the sharepoint data source. I have data model that utilizes sharepoint and two SQL server connecitons. 

Here is error details

Activity ID: f1c4469e-62aa-4e85-94f0-1389ae899655
Request ID: bf7b5c81-d2cf-c72a-4df5-972900312d95
Correlation ID: 64d83162-2078-7bc2-4efe-c081b1a80c07
Time: Tue Jan 31 2023 13:06:35 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time)
Service version: 13.0.19958.49
Client version: 2301.4.12022-train
Cluster URI: https://wabi-west-us-redirect.analysis.windows.net/

v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Marios,

Have you resolved your issue? Please refer to the information @Seth_C_Bauer posted, and share more details for further analysis.

Best Regards,
Angelia

@Marios "Cubes" - I assume you are connecting to a SSAS multi-dimensional instance? Is it with all your data, or just certain elements? Asking because there are certain un-supported features like Calculated Members etc... Reference here

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Yes with the term cubes i mean SSAS.When i create the reports using power BI desktop i dont have this issue but when i publish them the issues appears.

Hi @Marios

It's weird, I test it in my local computer, all things works fine. Please check if you sign in the data gateway and power BI service using the same account? And update the gateway to latest version.

Best Regards,
Angelia

The problem still exists. I removed the gateway, reinstall it but nothing changes. Both measures and dimension appears in the fields panel, Gateway Settings “Online: you are good to go.”, Data Source Settings “Connection Successful” BUT “Can’t display the visual. See details” and “There was a data source access error. Please contact the gateway administrator”

Hi @Marios,

Please open a support ticket on the bottom of this page to check your own data background since we have no power to check customer's data.

Best Regards,
Angelia

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors