Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

martinhyy
Frequent Visitor

Can row level security be applied in dashboard?

Hi,

I currently created a Power BI report and published it to a work space. In this report I created different roles so different people can only see their own information. This works fine after I published to Power BI service workspace. As an admin myself, I can see all the information in the published report. For different individuals, they can only see their own. 

Own I would like to pin different visualization or pin live page from this report to a dashboard, I am wondering is there a way to also apply my row level security in this report to the dashboard. I have tried several times and it seems in the dashboard it is showing all the information to different individuals.

Thanks in advance if anybody can help.

2 REPLIES 2
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi  @martinhyy,

Own I would like to pin different visualization or pin live page from this report to a dashboard, I am wondering is there a way to also apply my row level security in this report to the dashboard. I have tried several times and it seems in the dashboard it is showing all the information to different individuals.

By my test wiht both tile and pin live page, I cannot reproduce your issue.

My test result is below.

The Admin account could see all information in the dashborad.  Then share the dashboard to cherry04 account in the organization.

Untitled4.png

Cherry 04 account could see his own data.

Untitled43.png

Could you describe your issue in more details? What data source did you connect?  Do you have any errors? If you have, please have a screenshoot to us.

In addition, have you published your report to your app workspace? If it is, please check if the members in your app workspace have the edit permission? If they have edit permission, the RLS will don't work.

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I agree, when I have created a dashboard using RLS all the users who are NOT a member of the App Workspace see only their relevant information.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors