Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can not sign in. Authenticator not receiving notification

Hi,

Does anyone have any suggestion, how can I sign in to PBI service. My phone broke and new phone is not receiving any notifications about the sign in. Also the code it generates is too long 8 digits. I can't modify this anyway, because I can't sign in to my account. Every advice I have found from web is ending to the same loop. I should accept the sign in from my authenticator app or with the code generated by authenticator which is not valid.

I  don't have option to MS support as I was only going to buy the pbi lisence but now I can't do anything with it because I can't login to the portal. I didn't understand that this kind of situation is even possible and no other authentication methods is enabled.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-luwang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Is the login method you are using the email password plus cell phone verification code? Check whether the cell phone verification code is filtered by cell phone related settings.

Best Regards

Lucien

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
sanmatts

Hey, were you able to find a solution? 

Facing the same problem now

v-luwang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Is the login method you are using the email password plus cell phone verification code? Check whether the cell phone verification code is filtered by cell phone related settings.

Best Regards

Lucien

Hi Lucien,

I am locked out of my PowerBI Pro account.

I had setup Authenticator App as the only way for secure sign-in, and following a reset hard-reset of the phone, I lost the accounts from the app & its control.

Now when I try to sign-in, it asks for Authenticator App Code or verification through notification on the app, but since the app is not configured any more for the account, I am pretty much locked out.

I am a single /individual user, and don't have any administrator or admin managing the account.

Kindly Help!.

Thanks

P

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors