Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

dimitrischo
Helper I
Helper I

Can not share

Hi! from yesterday I am trying to share a dashboard but i can not. Why?  is there anyone else who having this issueq

10 REPLIES 10

@dimitrischo Can you describe what is happening? Are you getting an error message?

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

@Seth_C_Bauer Just Nothing. Appears on the url bar at the End /share like https://app.powerbi.com/groups/me/dashboards/#$&@#(*&$)(*#@&$)(@#&$(@*&$)(*#@&$)(@#/share 

And thats all!

@dimitrischo I just tested both the existing portal and new experience and they both worked for me... Have you tried to use a different browser? Is this a content pack shared with you? Do you own the report/dashboard? Are you sharing with someone inside or outside your org?

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Also i tried and from other browser. the same problem. Also when i am trying to share from my iphone the dashboard appears the message. "Invitation failed. An error ocurred and we couldn't send the invitation.

@dimitrischo I don't know what the issue could be... If you aren't recieving any warnings or errors, it would lead me to believe it's regional, but this is the only thread I've seen. I'd open a ticket on the support site to see if you can get some direct assistance.

Where can i contact with someone? or how can i See the ticket? i have the trial pro but i can't leave any ticket.

Hi @dimitrischo,

I would like to double confirm from you that you are not able to share organization users instead of external users. Assume your email address signed in Power BI service is user1@<CompanyName>.com, and the user you want to share the dashboard with is user2@<CompanyName>.com, right?

Is this user2@<CompanyName>.com already sign up the Power BI Service? Please share the dashboard with other organization users who already signed up the account to check if issue persists.

If issue happens to external users, please verify "Allow sharing content to external users" setting is enable.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft,

I am trying to share only in my company. The problem is one step backward. That means that the problem appears when i am trying to share. And not at the step to who.

Thanks in advance,

Dimitris

@dimitrischo then submit to the issues forum here

@Seth_C_Bauer
I own the report and the dashboard. The same problem appears and to others in my company. I am sharing only in my company!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors