Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Gustavo_Fig
Regular Visitor

Can not rename a Dataflow - Status Code 401

Hello, community!

I'm facing an error when I try to rename a Dataflow in Properties.

"Something went wrong

The dataflow properties couldn't be updated. Please try again later."

Does anyone have the same error? How can I fix it? Any idea?

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Gustavo_Fig,

It’s a known issue that has been identified by the product group: Power BI Dataflow customers might experience issues when trying to rename their existing dataflows. Fix for the issue has been deployed into product environment and will be completed in Later August for all regions. If you still have issue on it, please be patient for the fix. Thanks for your understanding!

If there is any post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. If I misunderstand your needs or you still have problems on it, please let me know. Thanks a lot!

Best Regards,    

Community Support Team _ Caiyun

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Gustavo_Fig,

It’s a known issue that has been identified by the product group: Power BI Dataflow customers might experience issues when trying to rename their existing dataflows. Fix for the issue has been deployed into product environment and will be completed in Later August for all regions. If you still have issue on it, please be patient for the fix. Thanks for your understanding!

If there is any post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. If I misunderstand your needs or you still have problems on it, please let me know. Thanks a lot!

Best Regards,    

Community Support Team _ Caiyun

collinq
Super User
Super User

Hi @Gustavo_Fig ,

I have had problems like this now and then with Dataflows as well.  I do as suggested - I try later.  To be clear though, I sit there, hit refresh and then immediately try again.  It usually only takes a few minutes.  But, I have seen this type of issue before with Dataflows and it clears up fairly quickly.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Private message me for consulting or training needs.

Hello, @collinq !

It's very, very strange! I tried to rename 2 DF in different workspaces. No success.
I also tried to rename and refresh the DF. No success either!
At Support | Microsoft Power BI, the environment seems fine. But I don't know why it's happening...
My problem persists. 😑

Hey @Gustavo_Fig ,

I think that since this is a Dataflow and there is no known "big issue" that you contact support from Microsoft to help out.  They control the Dataflow processing and they may have something magical behind the scenes to check out for you.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Private message me for consulting or training needs.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors