Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can not navigate to file link

filelink.png

I'm tyring to use a file link as described here: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Link-to-Local-file-rather-than-a-WEB-URL/td-p/176749. As can be seen in the picture, I'm unable to copy the link in order to open it in my browser nor can I left click it to open it. How can I fix this?

5 REPLIES 5
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

PG is aware of this issue now. Please waiting for the fix. CRI: 77874034.

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
RMDNA
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @Anonymous,

I can't tell from the screenshot - are you trying to open the link in Power BI Desktop or in the Power BI Service?

As noted in the linked thread,

"This feature isn't supported in Power BI desktop by far. Maybe it will be in the future. Here is cited from official blog: If you want to use file URLs, there are some limitations. They will not open in the Power BI Desktop, only in web browsers."

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is in the PowerBI Service.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Any idea?

Hi @Anonymous,

This feature doesn't work either on my environment. I have reported this problem internally.

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors