Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can i create an App from Multiple workspaces

Hi All,

I have 5 workspaces with different datasets. Can i bring them all into one Workspace and create an App from it?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I am just saying that both copy of your datasets (current worksapce & New Workspace) will be available saperately, so if you delete or update your current worksapce copy it will not impact new workspace copy or vice versa.
You can update, refresh and delete your copies from current worksapace and new worksapce saperatly.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution and give it a thumbs up

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution, Appreciate your Kudos!!
Proud to be a Super User!!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
arvindsingh802
Super User
Super User

Combining multiple Workspaces content into one App is not available as of now.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution and give it a thumbs up

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution, Appreciate your Kudos!!
Anonymous
Not applicable

How about i create a NEW Workspace and publish all the reports from these 5 workspaces to the NEW Workspace, is it possible then?

Thanks

Yes, then your App will be having all 5 datasets avilable

Please note it will not be linked to old workspace/dataset

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @arvindsingh802 so just to be clear. I create a NEW Workspace and publish ALL my reports from my Desktop to this NEW Workspace, my reports in the older Workspace's will be not refreshing? Doesn't make sense as when we publish to a workspace it creates its own Dataset right?

Thanks

I am just saying that both copy of your datasets (current worksapce & New Workspace) will be available saperately, so if you delete or update your current worksapce copy it will not impact new workspace copy or vice versa.
You can update, refresh and delete your copies from current worksapace and new worksapce saperatly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @arvindsingh802 since we do not have DEV environment and only PROD i have to check twice before we  make the changes. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors